Wednesday, June 8, 2011

yes, Paul Revere warned both revolutionary and British soldiers



Sarah Palin's tour is doing its job - and raising awareness of American history.  She gave the press a brief answer this week about Paul Revere after a tour. She mentioned Revere also warning the British about revolutionaries waiting for them. She was factually correct.  Don't believe Sarah? Don't believe me? How about learning something and believing what Paul actually said in his personal deposition...from Revolutionary war and Beyond. His goal: to warn Adams and Hancock and the British were coming to try and confiscate arms:

"I, PAUL REVERE, of Boston, in the colony of the Massachusetts Bay in New England; of lawful age, do testify and say; that I was sent for by Dr. Joseph Warren, of said Boston, on the evening of the 18th of April, about 10 o'clock; when he desired me, "to go to Lexington, and inform Mr. Samuel Adams, and the Hon. John Hancock Esq. that there was a number of soldiers, composed of light troops, and grenadiers, marching to the bottom of the common, where there was a number of boats to receive them; it was supposed that they were going to Lexington, by the way of Cambridge River, to take them, or go to Concord, to destroy the colony stores."

As he had already warned revolutionaries up and down his route, when detained, he then warned the British:

"Sir, may I crave your name?" I answered "My name is Revere. "What" said he, "Paul Revere"? I answered "Yes." The others abused much; but he told me not to be afraid, no one should hurt me. I told him they would miss their aim. He said they should not, they were only waiting for some deserters they expected down the road. I told him I knew better, I knew what they were after; that I had alarmed the country all the way up, that their boats were caught aground, and I should have 500 men there soon. One of them said they had 1500 coming; he seemed surprised and rode off into the road, and informed them who took me, they came down immediately on a full gallop."

More from his personal account of his ride by Paul Revere here.

See? Sarah's tour is working - she IS sparking interest in the founding, roots and exceptionalism of America!  Professor Jacobson at Legal Insurrection has been covering the story of the left's faked outrage at Sarah's mention of Revere's ride last week (historian's say she was correct!)...  The left is more and more desperate while she is winning hearts and minds across America on her tour... They are scared to death she'll make a potus run... all the way to the White House for 8 years...   Oh yeah, that would be great if she did! 

Restore America
Energize America's future
Palin 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment