Tuesday, November 26, 2013

traditions to be thankful for



Above is a bird we saw in Sydney this year... cool isn't he. 

This week is Thanksgiving (Thursday) in the USA - and Hanukkah starts.

I'm thankful in 2013 for much the same as last year.  This year I was able to spend 2 weeks visiting my dad. He's over 80 now but in relative good health.  The last night we were in Paris at dinner with him and my step mum, dad says to me "Ever since you were born, I've always enjoyed your company... its been great having you visit us in Paris and I miss you..."

Makes a girl teary eyed. Good 'ol dad!  :-)

I thank God every day I had great parents and a wonderful upbringing. 

What are you thankful for this year?  Hope you have a good traditional American thanksgiving - or start your own new tradition of thanks - wherever you are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment