Friday, November 23, 2012

things I'm thankful for

pix from last weekend hiking in Waitakere Ranges near our house
Things I am thankful for:
- courage by someone who chose adoption for me instead of abortion
- kindness from parents who raised, loved me fully as their own child
- hard work, generosity from my father so his wife could stay home and raise 3 adopted daughters
- top notch public high school education at one of the best schools in the United States
- close and extended family members who weave fun, laughter and caring into my life
- blissful rhythyms of daily life shared with a kind, joyful best friend husband
- love from current, past domestic pets
- snowy Christmas eve dinners at dad's and frantic Christmas day meals at mom's
- hot, sunny summer camping trips to EAA Osh Kosh Wisconsin airshows
- ability to distinguish logic, truth from lies, propaganda
- problem finding skills, inner ambition and a fruitful software technology career
- appreciation of beauty in nature, animals
- indoor plumbing and electricity
- chemical engineers, business who provide cheap, reliable, safe medicine
- living in a modern western society and enjoying benefits of a multitude of glorious technological advances
- grocery stores
- worldwide travel, creating a lovely new home in NZ
- rational skills to tackle ups and downs of life: I've had WAY more ups than downs
- being myself
- capacity to learn
- freedom
- capitalism
- low taxes
thank you God, Universe, family and friends for my many blessings
 
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours America
 
 

2 comments: