Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pix from Wellington NZ this week

Sent to Wellington NZ on a work trip; 3-day training course...
Learned heaps... Took a few pix where I stayed...
UPDATE for Right Girl: no, our hotel didn't look like this...
I upgraded and stayed at the Duxton Hotel...

Views of the harbor from my room...




Town Hall



The Boat Shed, Rowing Club facilities



Walkways, promenade areas over street, down to harbor front with nautical themes




Pensive Iron Man Statue



Fountain... whale tails? or maybe boat anchors?



3 wise warrior-like figures in this statue


Silver cube statues on plaza at Museum of New Zealand





Museum facade


Red & white building next to museum



me ... bundled up for the cool, rainy day

2 comments:

  1. Can't help it. Every time I see NZ or pics of NZ, I look for Hobbits, Orcs, and Elves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Right Girl... while I did see quite a few college graduates running around town in their long flowing black robes, tassled hats toting proud parental units along, sorry to say NO hobbits, orcs or elves were to be found...

    Maybe they are only found in farming areas aka middle earth... tee hee

    ReplyDelete