Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sheepdog?

Pix from a sheepdog trial in Australia 2008...



In my previous post today I called myself an "angry sheepdog" but forgot to include WHY I feel sheepdog-ish.

Reading some comments on American Thinker, there was a post which included a good article about people's behavior called:

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs" By Dave Grossman, Ph.D., LTC(ret)

Some excerpts: The sheep are "...most citizens who are kind, decent people; not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep. "

The wolf? Dangerous or evil men. From an old war veteran, "the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy. Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You had better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial..."

"after September 11, 2001 ... the wolf pounded hard on the door..."

And a (full spectrum) sheepdog "... lives to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

Click here for the complete article.

I find myself thinking about this when I try to chat to people about trouble the USA is in... I get a lot of 'deer in headlights' looks... and then I realize, I know a lot of sheep.

I see the wolves... they are here. Most of the USA federal government comes to mind.

Its 5 minutes to midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment