... it might slow them down a bit... ya think?
|image from swimming with piranhas in Venezuela|
|Rio Grande River|
The trip had a more overtly political component, too: From El Paso the president headed to the relatively liberal bastion of Austin to raise money for the Democratic National Committee at two events Tuesday night.
The president wasn't able to get immigration legislation through Congress last year that would have provided a route to legal status for college students and others who were brought to the country as children. The so-called DREAM Act passed the House, then controlled by Democrats, but was blocked by Senate Republicans.
The Senate is now even more heavily Republican, and Republicans control the House. That means immigration reform can't happen unless they cooperate. Nonetheless, Senate Democrats plan to reintroduce the DREAM Act on Wednesday, with their counterparts in the House following suit. Given Republican opposition the bills likely won't get far, but Obama will try to make certain voters know who to blame." The Yahoo story has some GREAT comments on it... mostly from pissed off Americans... Here is just a sampling from over 46,000 comments (think this topic riles people up? oh... just perhaps!):
"Reform isn't necessary - enforcing our existing laws is."
"We have really hit rock bottom in this country....When did we start rewarded illegal activity? Where is the Dream for us doing the right thing?"
"We do not need new laws, we need our government to enforce the laws we have on the books now."
"The immigration system isn't broken. It just isn't being enforced."
"With this short press release, I think Obama is cooking up yet another sneak attack on the American people. As the release says, he plans to discuss the importance of fixing the nation's "broken immigration system". Translation: He's going to let all the illegals in, force us taxpayers to fund their education, housing and care so he can secure another 15 million votes. What a POS!"
|illegals cross the Rio Grande in attempts to enter the USA|
Newsflash Mr. Soetoro: THE BORDER IS NOT SECURE... From Breitbart today "Gunbattle on US-Mexico Border Lake Kills 13" and today in Rio Grande Valley Texas Crews Pull Body From Rio Grande. Additional recent headlines from BorderReport.org:
- Mexican cartel uses cave above AZ neighborhood as smuggling lookout
- Border Patrol takes fire from Mexico - Anzalduas Park, TX
- Mexican cartels control swaths of Arizona
- Arizona requests 3,000 National Guard troops for border, gets 30
- Drone makes first pass of Texas border
- AZ Senator Kyl: "Obama told me no secure border without amnesty"
- DHS Secretary: "You're never going to totally seal that border."
- Pirates threaten boats on US-Mexico border lake - Zapata, TX
- US authorities get intel on Mexican drug cartels - South Padre Island
- Many OTMs also sneak across the border - Phoenix, AZ
- F-16s intercept ultralight after it crosses border from Mexico - Phoenix, AZ
- Investigation: OTM terror threat breaches border, Part 1
- Investigation: OTM terror threat breaches border, Part 2
- Democrat congressman: border violence affecting trade - Laredo, TX
- US Senate: "border security first" - WITHOUT a fence
- Budget cut for fence on US-Mexico border
- Border tunnel stopped short
|CBP Border Patrol Marine units face toward Mexico to provide cover for other agents on the U.S. side of the river conducting an investigation|
Hey, anyone know where can someone could per chance buy a few hundred thousand alligators or piranhas? umm... just a thought