Cheers from down under :-)
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I stumbled onto this per one of the comments at WattsUpWithThat.com. John Dodds has a global warming theory explaining some things. He describes:
MR. DODDS THINKS BIG - I LIKE IT!
His motivation: "does not want to see taxes and expense increased without a valid reason, especially if its flawed science" ... amen to that
One of his forcasts: "the next energy cycle will therefore result in global cooling 1998 to 2028, so far confirmed by the temperature data that has been decreasing since the peak in 1999"...
Awwww crap... better get a heater installed before our next NZ winter
No one's nose has shined longer or brighter than that of the RANKIN/BASS "Animagic" classic RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER. Premiering on NBC December 6th, 1964, RUDOLPH has become the longest running, highest rated television special in the history of the medium.
Pictured above post teeth removal, the Bumble (a.k.a. the Abominable Snow Monster of the North) is a yeti who pursues Hermey and Rudolph throughout their adventure since the sight of Rudolph's glowing red nose drives him into a rage. He is the main antagonist. Sam also explains that the Bumble hates everything to do with Christmas as well. When he threatens Rudolph and his family at his cave, Yukon and Hermey come to the rescue by knocking the monster unconscious and extracting all his teeth. Near the end of the film he has a change of heart as he is seen putting the star on top of the Christmas tree.
By all actions in 2009, BHO is obviously a monster who hates everything about America. What makes him rage? How about: FOX news and Rush Limbaugh? T.E.A. parties, Republicans and patriotic Americans - Mrs.Palin among others - drive him and his paid liberal media minions into a rage. BHO aka Obummers aka Obumbles apologizes internationally for ... anything and everything. He and his communist oligarchal statist handlers are trying to 'change' America into ... some weird facist-communism-marxist regime. Crikey, he's NOT a legal POTUS, period.
Gee whiz, Batman, it has got to stop... America is worth saving. We cannot wait 3 more years.
The fight to take America back starts in earnest NOW as elections prepare for 2010. Conservatives must prevail. Election fraud and ACORN must be stopped. The bailouts, the Fed, horrible health care non-reform take over and numerous other anti-constitutional practices MUST be stopped.
2010 elections are a critical first step -> the majority of Americans, who are conservative, know this.
The teeth on monster Obumbles need be removed. Pronto.
Hang on, though, because it will be a bumpy a&& ride.
One of the writers at the Telegraph.co.uk posted about "Barack Obama’s Top Ten Foreign Policy Follies". The author, Niles Gardiner "tried to make the list inclusive of all corners of the world, ranging from Tehran to Tokyo to Khartoum, and frankly could easily have expanded it to a top 20 or even top 30 list."
1. Surrendering to Russia over Missile Defence
2. Appeasing the Mullahs of Iran
3. Ending the War on Terror
4. Announcing a Surge while Declaring an Exit
Continue reading Mr. Gardiner's list here.
* * * * *
He rounded down to 10 (or 20 or 30 in his book), but I remember a more striking list from April 29, 2009 called "100 days, 100 mistakes" which includes:
1. EARMARKS "Obama criticized pork barrel spending in the form of 'earmarks,' urging changes in the way that Congress adopts the spending proposals. Then he signed a spending bill that contains nearly 9,000 of them, some that members of his own staff shoved in last year when they were still members of Congress. 'Let there be no doubt, this piece of legislation must mark an end to the old way of doing business, and the beginning of a new era of responsibility and accountability,' Obama said."
2. "There is no doubt that we've been living beyond our means and we're going to have to make some adjustments." -- Obama during the campaign.
3. This year's budget deficit: $1.5 trillion.
4. Asks his Cabinet to cut costs in their departments by $100 million -- a whopping .0027%!
5. "The White House says the president is unaware of the tea parties."
Continue reading the 100 mistakes in 100 days here.
Have there been MORE mistakes since April 2009? You betcha... too numerous to count here!
Time for some Yukon Cornelius action across the nation. The battles begin...
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Pigeons and doves (click for photos of other species) are distributed everywhere on Earth, except for the driest areas of the Sahara Desert, Antarctica and its surrounding islands and the high Arctic. They have colonised most of the world's oceanic islands (with the notable exception of Hawaii), reaching eastern Polynesia and the Chatham Islands in the Pacific, Mauritius, the Seychelles and Reunion in the Indian Ocean, and the Azores in the Atlantic Ocean.
The family has adapted to most of the habitats available on the planet. The largest number of species are found in tropical forests and woodlands, where they may be arboreal, terrestrial or semi-terrestrial. Various species also inhabit savannas, grasslands, deserts, temperate woodlands and forests, mangrove forests, and even the barren sands and gravels of atolls.
This pix from our back yard in October - they like to eat the Nikau Palm tree berries.
More information about this lovely bird: Auckland museum fact sheet.
From NZ Natural Heritage Collection:
Diet - Berries of the Puriri, Miro, Taraire and Karaka, supplemented by Nikau and Kahikatea are the Wood Pigeon’s favourite food all the year round. They also eat the berries and new growth of other species. Wood Pigeons can drink without raising their heads to swallow, which is unusual for a bird.
Breeding - The New Zealand Wood Pigeon breeds in spring and early summer. Mating is characterised by spectacular aerial displays of both sexes, particularly the male. The female lays a single egg which is very long, narrow and white. Both adults care for the egg during the 28 day incubation period, the hen through the night and morning, and the male midday till evening. The Wood Pigeon breeds very slowly and studies show that fewer than 15% of chicks survive to independence.
Kereru or (kukupa, kuku or native woodpigeon) is New Zealand’s only endemic pigeon. Kereru is also the only surviving bird since moa and huia capable of ingesting the large fruit and berries of the native trees of New Zealand and dispersing their seed. Trees such as miro, puriri, tawa and tairare are especially reliant on Kereru to disperse their seed so that they may naturally regenerate.
Both the male and female Kereru are similar in looks. The head, throat and chest of Kereru are a beautiful metallic, green and bronze iridescence. The breast and belly of the bird are white. The eyes, eye rings, beak and feet are a dark crimson.
Kereru is found in most lowland native forests of the North and South Islands , Stewart Island and many of its neighbouring islands. There are two sub-species of native pigeon, the New Zealand pigeon (Hemiphaga novaeseelandiae) known to the Maori as Kereru, or in Northland as kuku or kukupa, and the Chatham Island pigeon (Hemiphaga n. chathamensis) or parea.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
While Christians celebrate the birth of Christ, the origins of celebrating Christmas go back much further and originate in pagan traditions. Can this be acknowledged without offending Christians?
Christmas, as a Christian day of celebration, is traced back to the 3rd and 4th centuries at a time the growing church institution began to define theological beliefs as an ordered system. December 25th, coming only four days after the Winter Solstice (depending on which calendar style is being used), corresponded to a number of ancient celebrations honoring the sun.
The decorated Christmas tree is traced back to the pagan peoples of barbarian Europe, particularly the Germanic groups, that hung gifts meant for their deities on sacred trees. Similarly, the Yule log is frequently traced to Scandinavia where a large tree trunk was burned on the night of the Winter Solstice. The etymology of the word “jolly” finds roots in the Nordic term “jol” which is associated with yule.
On what day was Christ born?
No one knows what day Jesus was born, or even exactly what year, but in 336 A.D., the Western Church, based in Rome, chose December 25 to celebrate as Christmas, meaning "Christ's Mass." The Eastern Church chose January 6. The day was named Epiphany, meaning "appearance." Eventually the period from December 25 to January 6 became known as the Twelve Days of Christmas.
Does any of this matter or can we all just get along?
In both religions, the holiday is a time to celebrate, to get together with friends and family and experience joy. It is a time when the earth is renewed, either through the natural return of the sun or by the birth of Christ. It is celebrated by both religions in a joyous manner, with good food, drink, religious services, and the giving of gifts.
Any attempt at snatching the Christmas tradition away from the hands of the Christian religious is futile. Denying the practices of modern pagans is just as disrespectful. Instead of arguing about who started it, or who owns the symbolic items of the holiday, perhaps people should concentrate on the most important aspects of the holiday: joy, generosity, new beginnings, and love.
Is this shiny utopia what you really want for the rest of America?
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
ClimateGate and all the warming hysteria based on FALSE science is getting light shined on because "As Copenhagen’s treaty summit drew nearer, Monckton went public in an unprecedented way. A YouTube video of him speaking October 14, 2009 in Minnesota was “viral” within days. It has been viewed more than 2.5 million times."
Check out the plethora of GREAT information, details and PDF papers at the Science and Public Policy Institute and "The SPPI blog".
Couple of examples:
How to manufacture a climate consensus
Few people understand the real significance of Climategate, the now-famous hacking of emails from the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (CRU). Most see the contents as demonstrating some arbitrary manipulating of various climate data sources in order to fit preconceived hypotheses (true), or as stonewalling and requesting colleagues to destroy emails to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in the face of potential or actual Freedom of Information requests (also true).But there's something much, much worse going on—a silencing of climate scientists, akin to filtering what goes in the bible, that will have consequences for public policy, including the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) recent categorization of carbon dioxide as a "pollutant."
ClimateGate - the lawyers move in... those scientists are toast!
God bless America and – can I really be saying this? – God bless the legal profession! Despite the best efforts of the Obama administration, most of the world’s other governments (save the plucky Canucks), the United Nations and the Mainstream Media (MSM) to sweep Climategate under the carpet, the lawyers are putting this shoddy scandal where it belongs: in the dock.
I believe there are about 90 of these pages with FULL detailed click-able PDFs attached to them... GREAT stuff... Go take a read...
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
We hold this Truth to be Self- Evident:
Any action, by any branch of the Government, that is repugnant to the Constitution, is null and void.
On November 11, 2009, and for eleven days continuing morning, noon and night, Citizens of America gathered in St. Charles, Illinois, as Delegates from each of forty-eight States, to discuss these violations, and Government's refusal to be held accountable, and to recommend a course of action to restore Constitutional Obedience in a Constitutional Republic now challenged to Its core.
It is proposed that these Articles be distributed to All in the Land with theintent to draw the attention and courage of a “goodly number of millions ofPeople” who, entitled to their Freedom and essential to Its maintenance, Arise to Restore the Constitution for the United States of America.
Monday, December 21, 2009
b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.
Merry Christmas from Harry ... important details of the health care facist take over:
Below is the tally of spending cuts and taxes, all over the ten years of 2010-2019.
"Spending changes" (e.g., Medicare cuts): $483 billion.
Excise tax on high-premium plans: $149 billion.
Savings from "other sources" (like penalties for being uninsured): $108 billion.
Other "revenues": $264 billion.
Add up those numbers and you get $1,004 billion. Subtract that from the $871 billion gross cost and you get $132 billion in "deficit reduction" (with a $1 billion round-off error). Let me repeat:
The last 45 of my 66 years I’ve spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska . I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here’s the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It’s not about persona, style, rhetoric, it’s about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I’m about to mention here.
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor’s office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican’s “Corrupt Bastards Club” (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, “la la la la” (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called “ACES.” Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, “don’t let the door hit you in the stern on your way out.” They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor’s office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as “pork.” She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the “when-hell-freezes-over” stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we’ll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor’s jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor’s cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning – I imagine – that she’s packing heat herself). I’m still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed “gosh and golly” mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn’t impress you, then you’re trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool.. But that’s just a cover-up. I’m still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won’t be holding my breath.
By the way, she was content to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn’t let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.
Friday, December 18, 2009
The older I get, the more I find ancient history quite interesting especially Celtic, Scandinavian and Nordic. Since my genetic background contains Scandinavian blood, this might explain the proclivity for my interest - and without going into the whole "nature versus nuture" argument, I think there is a little Viking fighter in my genes... perhaps even a little Valkyrie.
The ancient Scandinavians found themselves in a rugged land of great seasonal contrasts. Summers, marked by a mid-night sun, were short but warm. Winters were long and cold and frequented by storms off the frigid North Atlantic. During the endless winter nights, the skies were illuminated by the dancing lights of the Aurora Borealis. Viking myths clearly reflected this world and their struggles to survive in it. To make sense of their surroundings, the ancient ancestors of the Vikings created a series of deities. They imagined that their world was fashioned by powerful gods whose presence was evident in every natural force they experienced and in the fortunes and misfortunes of their daily lives.
Without the benefit of science to explain the world around them, the Vikings must have felt like they were living in a very mysterious place. To explain their world- its thunder and lightning, clouds, frost, dew, storms, ice, fire and changing seasons- the Vikings created a series of religious beliefs we call paganism. What the Vikings saw in the natural world was in some way controlled by the actions of a series of gods and goddesses. These deities lived in a heavenly realm called Asgard. But, they often visited the earth and played a role in the destiny of every Viking life. Today, these pagan gods and goddesses are part of Viking mythology.
One group of characters in Viking mythology (and in the mythology of the Celts of Ireland) were the Valkyrie. They are depicted on Viking pendants and amulets and are mentioned in Viking poems called Eddas. Their story is truly a fascinating one!
Swan-maidens and Wish Maidens ~ The Valkyrie were also known as swan-maidens. When they weren't collecting souls and welcoming slain warriors into Valhalla, they dressed in a cloak of swan feathers and flew to the earth to bathe in its cool streams. Norse myths said that if a man could catch and hold a swan or get a swan cloak, the Valkyrie could grant him a wish or become his wife. After nine years of marriage, she was free to return to Asgard. ~
Legacy of the Valkyrie
The legacy of the Valkyrie lives on in the word "valour", a reference to heroism in battle.
In summary, when people like Lt. Col. Allen West start calling for battle, I will channel my inner Valkyrie, pick up a sword and stand beside him... ready
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Will Al Gore please STFU?
Glad you asked. We at Giovanni’s World believe in being pro-active, especially when it comes to combatting Marxist/Liberal ideology. We have partnered-up with some of our fellow blogging friends to form a Club of sorts. The left has their NEA to push the Marxist/Liberal ideology using art, so it’s only fair that we have a place to share art that does the same for Conservative ideology. The big difference, other than ideology, is the left using tax-payer money (NEA) to push their agenda, while we at CEA volunteer our own time, monies, and talent to promote Conservatism and Patriotism."
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Last century, the 1900s were all easily referenced by timeframes: the 1900's, the 30s, the 80s, the 90s, etc... but I still can't quite figure out what to call 2000-2010: what do you call it?
Regardless of 'the mess', all in all, I like a glass half full so yes I had a wonderful decade.
My milestones from 'the mess' of a past decade:
- Apr 2000 bought my first home & my first ride-on mower.
- Aug 2000 met my wonderful husband to be.
- Sep 4, 2001 had belated, wonderful wedding reception as an outdoor summer party.
- Sep 11, 2001 => American tragedy. America in crisis. Now we're at war... It still haunts.
- Mar 2002 took a break from corporate land working for stint at a veterinary rehabilitation clinic. After a couple months on meager hourly wage, it hit me: this job was for a teen or 20-something just starting out. I had a brain and skills so went back to a financial sector corporate job as a consultant.
- Dec 2005 due to company downsizing, got laid off from a job I really loved. Got a nice severance, but when this hit, my husband and I were now committed in our goal to move ourselves from the USA to NZ. Months of snow was a motivating factor as well... We weren't sure how long it would take though...
- Mar 2006 fully employed again. Awesome and nice job with fun team in Elmhurst, IL.
- Feb 2007 on cold, windy day, eyelashes frozen, we filled a rented truck and paid the dump to take our trash. After this big clean up: our house was now on the market.
- May 2007 sold our house
- Jun 2007 we did it! We packed 80 boxes of personal stuff and moved to New Zealand: mission accomplished.
- 2002 - 2007 => happy the USA was not attacked again & felt G.W.Bush and D.Cheney did a good job, not perfect, but kept America safe. Most Americans were happy ... but media protested loudly agin' 'em ... on & on & on and on about how much they hate those 2.
- Aug 2008 curious about USA elections, but severly disappointed in lame duck McCain: I was blown away by new-bee Governor Sarah Palin at the RNC convention. Sarah rocks.
- Nov 4, 2008 a tragic day in American history: a muslim-pretending-to-be-Christian, false-moderate was fraudulently elected (hello corrupt ACORN) by 22% of Americans. That's right: NO landslide dearies. Do the math: 69 million of the 300-330 million depending on your total = approx 22%. ... such a shame ...
- 2008: the year the "mainstream" American press "came out" and stopped pretending they are anything but solidly on the liberal, progressive left. The USA federal government now ignores constitutional law and pushes a weird and un-American communist/marxist/socialist propaganda in full force with a compliant media.
- Jan 20, 2009 A usurper placed as POTUS. All records sealed, a communist oligarchy now runs America... don't think they are communists? Go research facts at NewZeal
- Apr 2009: first major T.E.A. parties. Millions of grassroots and disgruntled Americans start protesting in every state as they now realize their "elected" representatives no longer represent them.
- Sep 21, 2009: almost 2,000,000 unhappy T.E.A. party Americans march on Washington D.C. in protest of the current federal government
- Nov 2009: ClimateGate
- 2009: the year majority of Americans (40% of us identify as "conservative") became fully awake and engaged. Conservative candidates across America now prepare for 2010 elections.
- Dec 2009... still pondering the end of "the mess" of a decade... I remain hopeful 2010 will provide new beginnings for America, NZ, other western countries and conservativism...
How was your decade?
I am looking forward to it. I've been a fan of Mr. Hannan since his Youtube "you are a devalued prime minister...of a devalued government" speech became a sensation 24-Mar-2009.
I think his words resonate LOUDLY because he speaks conservative truth, eloquently, engagingly yet firmly and resoundly. He's been a hit as a repeated guest on Fox News, too.
It will be really cool to hear him speak in public. He is a great speaker: good at it WITHOUT a teleprompter even ... check out the infamous clip which endeared Mr. Hannan to many conservatives around the world....
"You cannot spend your way out of debt... you cannot spend your way out of a recession"
HEAR HEAR, DANIEL!
The story of Tiger Woods and his (now admitted) "infidelity" is everywhere. The Woods' story has piqued the prurient interests of America and the world. The story has dominated the mainstream media for days while the injustice being committed against our Navy Seals and the revelation of the computer code from the CRU (exposing the biggest hoax in the history of the world) have gotten scant attention.
It is not Tiger Woods' moral values that concern me. (Celebrities of his stature face enormous temptations from all kinds of hustlers and harlots everyday of their lives.) It is the facts that while our freedoms and Constitution crumble before our eyes ... we are focused on Tiger and his bimbos.
This is our iniquity -- not Tiger's.
Meanwhile our politically correct military has arraigned two Navy Seals for allegedly punching Ahmed Hashim Abed in the lip. Abed was the terrorist who, several years ago, led the murder and the brutalization of the corpses of four Blackwater security people in Iraq.
Al Qaeda instructs its members how to claim and/or fake being tortured if a member of the terrorist organization is captured.
But Al Qaeda is not the real issue here. We are. America has become so politically correct that a terrorist/murderer/sadist, who bitches about his bloodied lip, might get some of the best and bravest men on this planet thrown into jail. Americans had better pay attention, and soon, to this nonsense.
Would you take that job? Make those sacrifices? Put your life on the line? Would you complete your mission, catch the bad guy, and then be thrown into jail for your efforts? I wouldn't. No rational human being would.
Since the release of the CRU documents that prove the fraud of the science behind man made global warming, Al Gore has said at least three times (Andrew Bolt of the Herald Sun puts it at four) that the emails and information were all ten years old. This is a lie. It has been repeated again and again by Al Gore. Some of the emails are less than two months old. And dozens upon dozens are less than ten years old. And everyone -- but Al Gore -- knows it.
Watch the video of the CNN interview with Gore here. One reporter does say to Gore, as a kind of aside, "Some of them [the emails] were from ten years ago, but many of them were far more recent than that."
Gore ignores the statement. Neither of the two reporters further disputes Gore's "ten year old" fabrication. No follow-up challenge from the CNN reporters to Gore's out right lie. None.
The mainstream media has downplayed the significance of the CRU documents. The headline of a recent AP story proclaims that the science from the CRU was not faked. Really? As (among others) Marc Sheppard, Lord Monckton, and I have proven the CRU findings most certainly were doctored. The raw date was manipulated to "prove" that the world is exponentially warming. There is no doubt about this.
And still, the mainstream media has not challenged Al Gore on the blatant absurdity of his claim that the documents were at least ten years old and have no real impact on the AGW debate.
John 8:32 states the following:
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
The corollary of this brilliant piece of scripture should also be written. It would go something like this:
If you ignore the lies, the lies will imprison you.
Wake up America. The time for the truth to set us free is growing very, very short.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Know people who are still convinced the approximate 1.7% of CO2 man produces is warming up the planet?
From wattsupwiththat.com, watch this video for some perspective on earth's past: naturally occuring warming and cooling from ice core measurements.
Mark my word: within 10 years, if we are now indeed in a global cooling phase, the news will change. Future headlines will be:
- ice age nears!
- industry now paid to emit C02 and all warming agents possible to save the planet!
- the world turns to coal for help to warm things up!
- crops failing because globe is cooling!
- thousands of polar bears roam Chicago snow glacier fields looking for food! (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration ... probably won't see polar bears in Chicago for AT LEAST a couple hundred years if we are cooling and man still lives there ... but don't think my blog will last that long tee hee...)
*** UPDATE: There are lots of great articles covering 'ClimateGate'. Here is one about AGW being 'beyond debate':
Is belief in global-warming science another example of the "madness of crowds"? That strange but powerful social phenomenon, first described by Charles Mackay in 1841, turns a widely shared prejudice into an irresistible "authority".
Could it indeed represent the final triumph of irrationality? After all, how rational is it to pass laws banning one kind of light bulb (and insisting on their replacement by ones filled with poisonous mercury vapour) in order to "save electricity", while ploughing money into schemes to run cars on ... electricity?
How rational is it to pay the Russians once for fossil fuels, and a second time for permission (via carbon credits) to burn them (see box page 36)?
And how rational is it to suppose that the effects of increased CO2 in the atmosphere take between 200 and 1,000 years to be felt, but that solutions can take effect almost instantaneously?
Continue reading full article.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Washington (CNN) - Just about every blockbuster movie is followed by a sequel, or two. The tea party cross country caravan, it appears, is no different.
A Tea Party Express official tells CNN that they're planning a third national tour in late March and early April that will culminate in the nation's capitol on April 15, tax deadline day.
Levi Russell, a spokesman for the group, which is organized by the conservative political action committee Our Country Deserves Better, says the slogan for the tour is "just vote them out."
Russell says that with the crucial 2010 midterm elections just months away, the tour will spotlight members of Congress who they consider the worst offenders when it comes to fiscal policy. While both Republicans and Democratic lawmakers will be targeted, Russell acknowledges that more Democrats than Republicans will be on their scopes.
Russell tells CNN that tour is expected to kick off on March 27 in Searchlight, Nevada, which is the hometown of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. He adds that the three Republican candidates running to challenge Reid in next year's election are planning to attend the rally.
The first march ended with a large rally in front of the U.S. Capitol. This time organizers plan to hold their rally near the White House.
"September 12, 2009 was a historic day for patriotic, grassroots Americans who care about freedom," says Brendan Steinhauser (no relation to the writer of this article), director of federal and state campaigns for FreedomWorks. "The momentum has continued, and we expect hundreds of tax day protests on April 15, 2010 around the country. But the biggest event of all will be right outside the White House, where President Obama can hear and see us."
A second tea party cross country tour in late October and early November experienced a drop off in the number of people participating and in coverage by the media. But Russell says that drop off was expected and feels the third tour will be the best one yet, saying that "we'll be well into the 2010 election cycle and the campaigns will be heating up."
As with the first two cross country caravans, next year's tour is expected to highlight the message by organizers and activists that the federal government is too large and too intrusive into the lives of private citizens, federal taxes are too high and that the federal budget deficit is out of control.
Last month, a separate group announced that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will be the main attraction at what's being billed as the "First National Tea Party Convention."
Tea Party Nation says that last year's Republican vice presidential candidate will serve as a keynote speaker for the conference, scheduled to take place in Nashville, Tennessee from February 4-6. The group also announced that Rep. Michele Bachmann will be speaking at the gathering as well. The Minnesota Republican has become a hero among many in the conservative movement.
Tea Party Nation is not part of the planned national tour in March and April and Tea Party Express is not taking part in the tea party convention.
Follow Paul Steinhauser on Twitter: @psteinhausercnn
AT suggests: Read it, and you'll better understand why the Tea Party Movement is surging while the Republican Party isn't. The book describes the success of leaderless organizations using the analogy of a spider, which is killed when its head is cut off, versus the starfish, which, when a tentacle is cut off, grows a new one.
The great Aztec civilization existed for centuries before the Spaniards arrived on the continent. Cortés told the Aztec leader, Montezuma, give me your gold or your life. Montezuma gave Cortés his gold, and Cortés killed him anyway. The Aztec civilization did not survive the loss of its leader. The head of the spider had been cut off.
The Apaches, on the other hand -- a leaderless "starfish" society -- survived hundreds of years of the Spaniards' trying to do what they did to the Aztecs. As Brafman and Beckstrom write:
You wanted to follow Geronimo? You followed Geronimo. You didn't want to follow him? Then you didn't. The power lay with each individual.
We are seeing the "starfish" Tea Party Movement, with candidates running in both Democratic and Republican primaries. When they are shut out by the party establishments, as happened in New York's 23rd congressional district, they are running as independents or under third parties.
"Starfish" tea partiers are learning how to organize, raise money, and utilize the alternative media in record numbers. They are voicing their opposition to unaccountable Big Government and promoting productive policy alternatives through the Founders' guiding principles.
From the tea parties, the grassroots, and the alternative media, we are seeing new leaders emerge. Like our Founders, they understand that their strength of leadership does not come from a political party, but from consent of the governed. That is why they don't hitch their wagons to one person or one party.
The title of Brafman's book explains the concept: though a starfish and a spider have similar shapes, their internal structure is dramatically different—a decapitated spider inevitably dies, while a starfish can regenerate itself from a single amputated leg. In the same way, decentralized organizations (like T.E.A. parties) are made up of many smaller units capable of operating, growing and multiplying independently of each other, making it very difficult for a rival force to control or defeat them.
America wins. Communist infiltration in the W.House: ends.
Lookout 2010. T.E.A. partiers are just getting warmed up....
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
* * *
Everyone should see the hypocrisy of 1,200 limos and 140 private planes for the people aka "leaders" gathered to discuss "emissions reductions"...
In other words "Copenhagen is preparing for the climate change summit that will produce as much carbon dioxide as a town the size of Middlesbrough."
Lamestream media CBS is now reluctantly starting to report on ClimateGate.
Australia, Canada and England news sites have been writing about it and discussing it.
LA Times calls to rescind Al Gore's oscar. The Goracle is a junk science huckster.
Frugal-Cafe.com reports Saudi Arabia is not amused and calls for investigation.
No, the Global Sea ice is not all melting: see picture here from Artic Climate Research at University of Illinois.
All the polar bears are just fine and their population has increased the last few decades (not declined).
Icebergs floating towards New Zealand has been happening for millions of years.
The oceans are not turning to acid, in fact, a bit more C02 is just fine with sea critters.
The CRU data was most likely leaked, not hacked.
TimesOnline UK reports CRU scientists admit to losing (throwing away?) their original data. Is this called shredding the evidence?
Why ClimateGate cannot be swept under the carpet.
The train of group think is still hurtling towards the cliff discussing a non existent global "crisis".
Documents reveal UN wants to rule the planet by taxing EVERYONE for non existent warming.
Couple good sites for information on the growing ClimateGate scandal:
- Watts up with that?
- James Delingpole at the Telegraph UK
- Climate conversation group NZ - taking the heat out of global warming
Stay tuned to alternative media for the real news based on truth not propaganda.