Monday, January 17, 2011

Surber: I do not want civil discourse

I had a wonderful weekend full of summer!
hot sunshine, cool breezes...
a big barbeque at our house with friends...
feeding ducklings... turning the sprinkler on
to grow the grass... I tried to minimize my reading
crazy American politics... but I kept up a bit...
So, have you met people who are full of beans?
Do you tell them they are full of beans...
...or just ignore them?
I think it is probably more often:
people who are full of it...
just get ignored a lot...
If someone upsets you for whatever reason, have
you ever used the term "screw you"
or "go screw yourself"?
I can't say I use this term very often out loud...
I was raised to be a polite person with manners.
I was taught "if you don't have anything nice to say,
don't say anything..."
This term, however, is just a polite way
of telling someone off...
vocalizing displeasure...
isn't it?
- - -
So for a "rant" for today...
I'd like to point you to an excellent
blog commentary at the Charleston Daily mail...
Don Surber explains why the RIGHT
won't shut up... any more...
...ever
An exerpt:

"We have a terribly unfit president who has expanded government control beyond not only what is constitutional but what is healthy for our freedom.

Indeed, this call for civil discourse is itself a direct threat to my free speech.

So screw you.

You don’t like my words? You don’t like my tone? You feel threatened?

Too bad.

Actually, that is what I want. I want the lefties to feel bad. I want them to feel hurt. I want them to cry to their mommies.

That way the field will be cleared so we grown-ups can fix the nation and the economy. If you can’t put up with a little excrement, get the hell out of the barn."

...darn, he's good

and if the American "left" doesn't like it?
They can go you know what...

No comments:

Post a Comment