Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ode to Claude Monet

... by Monet
...& my loving attempt at recreating something similar
(OK, no, not very close, but I think the color combinations turned out pretty nice...)

I have always loved the impressionist style and paintings by Claude Monet. The colors are so soothing and beatiful. He had such a wonderful eye.
I enjoyed his technique of painting the same scene in several different color combinations, too, like the Japanese foot-bridge over the water-lily pond in Giverny:

I thought about buying a printed Monet poster, but then thought - HEY, it would be fun to make an attempt at copying one with colors I like which matches our spare bedroom... So:
  • I put a screenshot of the very first Monet painting into a MS Word document.
  • I printed out the document.
  • I did a pencil sketch of all the petals, blossoms and grass - the entire thing.
  • Using acrylics, I did my best and finished my little recreation.
  • It hangs in our spare room now.
  • I like it.
I am thinking of doing a Nikau palm tree next...

No comments:

Post a Comment