Sunday, September 11, 2011

you stay there, I'll be back for you

Sirius - the only K9 lost at 9/11/01
 2 months after 9/11/01 - I watched daily news still crying... 
Along with America, I was recovering slowly.

On January 25, 2002 a story ripped my heart open again.
They found Sirius at ground zero.
His K9 partner helped carry him out of the rubble:
bringing out Sirius Jan 25, 2002
 I wept new, intense tears... like it had just happened again

"Sirius & Dave were in the B-1 level of #2 WTC at their office when they felt the first airplane hit the building. At first, Dave told Sirius, ‘I think they got one by us fella. You stay here & I'll be right back.’" 
"“I've been waiting to find him," Lim said. “I fulfilled my promise to him because I came back and I took him home.”

The remains of the bomb-detection dog were found beneath the debris of Tower Two, in the Port Authority's basement kennel. Workers immediately called Lim to the scene when they found Sirius. They carried out the remains with full honors, complete with a prayer and a salute.

"There was a flag over his bag and I carried him out with another officer, John Martin,” Lim said. "Everyone saluted. All the machinery was stopped -- the same thing that is done for human police officers and firefighters. I thought it was very nice."

artist Ron Burn's Sirius - a tribute to 9/11 dogs

Today I mourn again.  10 years after 9/11/01.


(no room for CLERGY either...) ... probably best to SKIP Gloombergs party
and go to the NY FREEDOM RALLY instead
they made it to the top on 9/11/01
343 first responders lost among 3000 Americans killed that day...
by Islamic extremists using planes as terror missiles ...
One bomb unit dog was lost, too...
we will never forget all of you
...including Sirius

2 comments: