"Whatever else one might say about President Obama's Libya policy, it has succeeded brilliantly in achieving its oft-stated goal of not leading the world."
- - - - -
Well, I just couldn't really be all that bothered about much of this stuff today... as we went to a county fair type of event called the Kumeu Show.
It was lovely summer weather and everyone was having a great time.
- ran into our niece and her friend also watching the log-saw competition.
- chatted up a guy showing off his award winning Alpacas.
- ate french fries and slurped some ice cream.
- saw the hunter/jumper equestrian competition.
- heard the brass band playing tunes.
- strolled by various booths of food, goods, art, animals and new Ford trucks for sale
The rest of the world can go to hell on their own time...as it always does... but I had fun at the fair today...
this way to ... carnival area
cow needs watering by nicely dressed owner
men log-sawing competition
various colors of Alpacas
equestrian rider clears an event jump
very, very big pumpkins ... for kids to crawl on... and some sheep racers take a break