Thursday, December 31, 2009

Warm Christmas still a bit weird

Front yard at our house in N Illinois where we lived for 6 years


Since I grew up in the N hemisphere (Chicago area)
traditional Christmas for me is on a cold,
mid winters day, dark at 5pm and often snowy.

Lights on homes, business and trees across Chicagoland
do help give everyone a festive feeling.


Santa from a cold, north pole riding in a sleigh
pulled by reindeer...
sort of makes sense on a cold Christmas.
But Santa on the beach in NZ? Not so much...


I love the warm weather down here in Auckland...
but it does make it bit harder to get in a festive,
Christmas mood... in summertime.


Alas, presents I got cheered me up quite nicely though...
so yes I did have a merry merry Christmas.



Guess this is my last post for 2009... if you are reading this,
I wish you a very Happy New Year and joyful tidings for 2010...

Cheers from down under :-)

Back yard in December (= summertime!) at our Auckland house

No comments:

Post a Comment