From the NZ Climate Science Coalition: "COALITION CHALLENGE TO NIWA ON ACCURACY OF AMENDED TEMPERATURE RECORDS - 7 August 2011"
"In the hope of avoiding the alternative of action in the High Court, the Coalition has invited the chairman of NIWA to review the accuracy of its recent amendments to the Seven Station Record that it uses as Nerw Zealand's official temperature record. The Coalition's request is prompted by its own peer-reviewed audit which shows virtually no warming over the period cited by NIWA."
Picture above from NZ CSC: "Table 5 shows New Zealand’s historical average temperatures since the instrumental record began, divided by decade. The first group is coloured according to mean warmth, with the warmest in red and the coolest in blue. The second group is coloured according to warming trend.
Note that there has been no really significant trend since the 1950s, and that there has been a cooling trend since the turn of the century.
All New Zealand temperature trends have been modest, short-lived and unpredictable. They change constantly in both sign and amplitude, displaying no discernible pattern. Clearly, they are not responding to any linear or progressive external forcing (See Table 5 from the NZCSC Report)"More from NZ CSC media release. Click here to get the full document.
"Emissions Don’t Raise NZ Temperatures - No correlation here between CO2 and climate"
"New Zealand temperatures were flat during the 20th century and have been declining during the 21st century.
This claim is made in two papers released today by the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition.
“For almost 20 years, successive New Zealand Governments have been officially advised that domestic temperatures had risen sharply over the past 100 years, reflecting increases in atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide” said Barry Brill, chairman of the Coalition. “We now show that this advice was plainly wrong.”
So who cares if New Zealand has basically had NO warming trend over the last century? Well NZ should care - the NZ government is TAXING you (with the ETS) to prevent man made warming effects which don't even exist! Why does the NZ governement lie? For money and power of course - paid for by government "consensus".
What to do then? Nothing. Just prepare for emergencies and adapt.International Conference on Climate Change. The topic for the recent 6th annual conference Jun30- Jul1 2011 was "Restoring the Scientific Method".
"Global Warming Is Not a Crisis"
"But global warming is not, in fact, a crisis. Here’s how we know this:
- Since 2007, more than 31,072 American scientists, including 9,021 with Ph.Ds, have signed the a petition which says, in part, “There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.”
- A 2003 international survey of climate scientists (with 530 responding) found only 9.4 percent “strongly agreed” and 25.3 percent “agreed” with the statement “climate change is mostly the result of anthropogenic causes.” Some 10.2 percent “strongly disagreed.”
- A 2006 survey of scientists in the U.S. found 41 percent disagreed that the planet’s recent warmth “can be, in large part, attributed to human activity,” and 71 percent disagreed that recent hurricane activity is significantly attributable to human activity.
- A recent review of 1,117 abstracts of scientific journal articles on “global climate change” found only 13 (1 percent) explicitly endorse the “consensus view” while 34 reject or cast doubt on the view that human activity has been the main driver of warming over the past 50 years.
- In June 2009, the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC) released an 880-page report, titled Climate Change Reconsidered, that presented the first comprehensive rebuttal of the reports of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). With contributions from more than 30 scientists and citations to more than 4,000 peer-reviewed studies, the NIPCC report concluded that climate change is not a crisis.
Go watch some videos of the Heartland Conference 6th annual convention speakers. Start with Bob Carter ... and remember the black swan.