Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Eastwooding It, the incredible shrinking potus

What does an empty chair symbolize to you? 
How about an empty suit?

Breitbart explains "Eastwooding" is taking "photos (which) depict empty chairs in various settings and situations, aiming to symbolize opinions that the president has been absent from the nation's economic and fiscal crises."

"Conservatives nationwide are excitedly sharing photos of inert home decor. National Empty Chair Day" is a virally-spawned celebration of "Eastwooding," a photo trend imitating iconic actor/director Clint Eastwood's speech at the Republican National Convention. The 82-year-old entertainer spoke with an empty chair as though President Obama were sitting in it."

Conservatives support Clint Eastwood who started a fun trend this week: putting empty chairs on their lawns (wherever) to symbolize the empty-suit fake-potus...

brilliant

Michelle Malkin, twitter (love me some Twitchy) and other bloggers were flooded with pictorial responses across the USA... for "empty chair day"!

Check out clever pictures at LegalInsurrection

Conservative Brand has a good one: Palin Barbie with a boom taste my nightstick and looks like a Gladsden flag on her lapel, CUTE!:

Barbie knows how she's voting at Conservative Brand
Lots of empty chairs floating around Facebook - one from my FB friend John features a "lawn chair for obama's beer summit, high chair for o'biden, red/white for commie pelosi and rocking chair for ol' harry reid - complete with their own phrases":


HotAir points out Bill Whittle says O is the incredible shrinking man:



Investors Business Daily says Eastwood Rightly Mocks An Empty-Chair Presidency

... and William Hughes Mearns says:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away

No comments:

Post a Comment