Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can witchcraft make lib-dem-commies disappear?


I loved the show "Bewitched" with Elizabeth Montgomery. She was funny, beautiful and could do magic-witchy tricks when she twitched her nose. I watched many an episode after grade school in the 70s every afternoon on public TV. I tried twitching my nose in the mirror like her but I never mastered it. My mom even had her same hair do.

Back in 1692, there were witch trials in Salem, Massachusetts. Perhaps you've heard about it? 19 people were hung, 1 pressed to death or 30 or so died in prison. Lovely, huh? More facts on what happened, what started it and ended these trials at Salem Witch Trials.

The common the term "witch hunt" arose from those trials: "An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views."

... & this is what "comedian" (does he still classify as one?) Bill Maher is doing: a "witch hunt" (literally!). He (along with dippy Karl Rove) is trying to make Delaware Republican candidate Christine O'Donnell look bad - because in 1999 she was on his show and said she 'dabbled' in witchcraft (she didn't like).

So what?

So if she did try it - or even loved it and is currently a practicing Wiccan? (umm she isn't but that is beside the point)

So what? Hasn't America evolved now to LOVE witches?! I sure do...
Hey, is the "Wizard of Oz" still a popular move Mr. Maher?

How about the long running broadway show "Wicked"? (I haven't seen it but want to)
How about Halloween? It is a national USA "HOLIDAY" on all calendars, isn't it?! Don't get me started on how popular Halloween witch costumes are in the USA! Very!

I know one friend who is a Wiccan, I've read about it and Paganism... & I personally have no problem with any of it. Neither does most of America - judging by the popularity of Halloween alone. Just grow up Maher... Your lame Alinsky attack is...well... lame. (In any case, O'Donnell has responded to this nonsense.)

Rush also reminds us what the 'Democrats' DABBLED in (which seem slightly more serious than any form of witchcraft IMO):

"What have the Democrats dabbled in? Let's see, Democrat Harry Reid collected a $1.1 million windfall on a Las Vegas land sale, even though he hadn't personally owned the property for three years, property deeds show. Nancy Pelosi's dabbled in ripping off taxpayers by using military aircraft for personal needs. Obama has dabbled in infanticide. Joe Biden has dabbled in plagiarism. Obama's good friend, Bill Ayers, has dabbled in domestic terrorism. Valerie Jarrett, Obama's best female friend, has dabbled in communism. I mean Obama's dabbled in cocaine, for crying out loud. He even wrote about it in one of his books that he dabbled in cocaine out there."

I got your dabble here, Maher... Shall I explain my fondness for "I dream of Genie" next? I WISH all you Democrats away, vaporized, erased: * *twinkle* *nose twitch* *twinkle* * ...

... (did it work? ...aaw, damn...)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I also loved "Samantha". And Endora was a spooky gal! Thanks for the comment left at my place, New Zealand gal! Now I know where to find ya!

    Twitching you good wishes!

    Andrea
    The Radio Patriot

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by Andrea!

    g'day from NZ

    ReplyDelete