Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Last Civil Right


The Last Civil Right asks is the condition of black Americans under Barack O: Good, Bad or Worse?

"...voting for someone just because they are black is not a means of payback or revenge. If you even think that for a moment, you are sadly mistaken. You are only hurting yourself by making that decision. That only proves just how ignorant, shallow and unforgiving you truly are. Why is it that 98% of blacks vote in favor of shattering their own circumstances? That’s right, every single time you vote the Democrat base you tighten the noose around your neck. Meanwhile, the rest of the community suffers and remains in shambles. You keep the shackles on by voting for those values. When will we learn that social programs and handouts are not working in our favor so that we can move forward towards success? Dumbing us right on down, and we are repeatedly keeping ourselves enslaved by doing so. That is the very message we are sending out to others who are looking in our direction. That is the future we have chosen for our children."

Good questions... It is looking much worse to me...

4 comments:

  1. Lisa- Hi, I found you're blog through Common Sense, I particularly like this post, even though I enjoyed others.

    I would like to answer your question with something I witnessed just 2 hours ago, while doing some last minute Christmas shopping at Kohl's. I was standing in the checkout line, rather long of course. Behind me was a black woman, 40's maybe, with lots of Bull's gear, and a few Bears items also. She was actually quite friendly, and we made some small talk about the Chicago sports scene. When it was my turn to check out, I went to the register, and the woman I was talking to ended up at the register behind me. She was close enough that I could hear the conversation she was having with the checkout lady. She was telling the checkout lady that she was giving all the Bull's gear to her boys, for motivation, because Derrick Rose just signed his big contract.

    In closing, I would have to answer worse. The one posiitive I saw in the election of Obama, is that inner city children finally had a role model. It's obvious, that even with the first black President, inner city kids still have no chance.

    P.S.- What neighborhood are you from? Are you from Chicago, or did you just live here for awhile? No white Christmas in Chi-town this year.

    Merry Christmas..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi J.O.B.,thanks for taking time to comment...

    We moved to Wilmette when I was 5 years old and my family owned a home there for 30 years. My mom now lives in Glenview. My dad and stepmum live in Paris. They moved us to Wilmette so we could attend the excellent schools in the suburbs there including New Trier.

    I agree with you that its worse for inner city kids right now - because of "democratic" policies of collectivism and welfare handouts which keep poor groups of people dependent on the government...

    Perhaps Black kids should emulate Thomas Sowell, Lt. Col. Allen West or Frederick Douglass who said "I recognize the Republican Party as the sheet anchor of the colored man's political hopes and the ark of his safety."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- You were on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from me. I lived in Mt. Greenwood, then moved to Palos Heights, because of the schools also............Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I admire Walter Williams, an Economics Professor from George Mason U.........But your suggestions were very good as well.

    ReplyDelete