1. “We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction.” “The chemical weapons Saddam has used and the biological weapons we know he has tested pay no attention to borders and nationalities.”
2. “If diplomacy runs out, we have reserved the right to use force and if we do so it will be substantial.”
3. “No one has done what Saddam Hussein has done, or is thinking of doing. He is producing weapons of mass destruction, and he is qualitatively and quantitatively different from other dictators.”
4. “What we are doing is so that you all can sleep at night. I am very proud of what we are doing. We are the greatest nation in the world and what we are doing is being the indispensable nation, willing to make the world safe for our children and grandchildren, and for nations who follow the rules.”
5. “Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.”
6. “If Saddam can cripple the weapons inspections sytem and get away with it, he would conclude the international community, led by the United States, has simply lost its will. He would surmise that he has free rein to rebuild his arsenal of destruction.”
7. “Earlier today I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq’s nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. While other countires also had weapons of mass desctuction, Hussein is in a different category because he has used such weapons against his own people and against his neighbors.
8. “Along with Prime minister (Tony)Blair of Great Britain, I made it equally clear that if Saddam failed to cooperate fully we would be prepared to act without delay, diplomacy or warning.”
9. “The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi goverment — a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people.”
10. “But once more, the United States has proven that although we are never eager to use force, when we must act in America’s vital interests, we will do so.”
All above quotes came from the Clinton Administration.
The entire Clinton administration believed Saddam Hussein had WMD, had used them on his own people, posed a real threat and that the US was ready to stop him.
See CitizenWells for links to the original quotes, followed by the source and the dates.
Does this help you understand all the lies told about George W Bush?